When I started my very own Beachbody Challenge roughly 10 months ago, I started with a simple "google". I googled "how to eat clean" "how to form a clean eating meal plan". I was ready for some big changes. I thought I knew how to eat healthy but I was wrong. The things that our world tells us is "healthy" "low fat" "sugar free" may be less in calories but have no real nutritional value and our high in other areas to pick up the slack for the "free" area. Let me tell you .. NOTHING IS FREE! Definitely not free of chemicals and a whole bunch of stuff I can't pronounce.
This is where my journey began. I found my coach is a clean eating expert and took everything that she had to teach me and soaked it all right up. I feel like I have hit the gold mine of all "diets" except get this this isn't really a restrictive diet you actually eat. I went through that long process of trying EVERYTHING there was out there. I tried Hydroxcut, Alli, Slim Fast, The master cleanse (which was gross and crazy), ECT! I tried everything and I feel more alive then ever and have lost more weight. Clean eating isn't a short term thing it's a life style change and it's something you truly can maintain. It may take you baby steps to get where I am right now but know that each little step is getting you closer in the right direction. Cutting out soda, processed foods, sugar, ect .. do it little by little.
If you really stick to clean eating you can have amazing results in ONE WEEK! That's even with having one free meal that you eat whatever you want. You will notice you are less bloated and your pants fit better. I recommend planning your menu out each week. It sets you up for success. Then after you have your menu all planned out batch cook your meals. That way you always have something clean to trap. Here is how I plan my Menu's each week.
1. I grab my template on my computer. It's just a tablet that you can create on your computer and then make the amount of spaces needed. You will need a slot for your workout, breakfast, AM snack, Lunch, PM snack, and Dinner.
Here is the
template I use:
2. As i'm planning out all my meals for the week I take a look at my calendar and look what I have going on. I plan my meals according to where I will be or how busy my day is. If you know that you are going to be out on the go pack a cooler and pack something that is easy to just eat and go. Most days that i'm running around I like to pack an apple and 100 calorie pack of all natural almonds or the dark chocolate flavored ones by Emerald or a packet of Shakeolgoy. I know that if i'm on the go I won't resort to fast food because I have something. If i'm starving I notice I make bad decisions and just grab whatever. Pack your meals and realize where you are going to fall. That's all part of the planning process. Planning so you don't fall.
3. Once I figure out my schedule I start picking out meals for the week. I pretty much have a rotation that I pull from. Once you get that rotation it will make things so much easier but of course I get bored and am looking for new good clean eating meals. I started with looking through the clean eat cook book, oxygen magazine, the clean eating magazine, blogs, www.thegraciouspantry.com is a great website full of clean eats. You find some that you look like you may enjoy and plug them in to your plan.
4. For lunches I like to batch cook some grilled chicken breast for wraps and salads or I'll make up a batch of TurboFire Chili and portion it out for a weeks worth of lunches. I also like to make a bit batch of quinoa and black beans for quick meals. I'll just toss in some quinoa and black beans and it's an easy protein packed meal.
5. Now that you have an idea of what you are going to eat through out the week plug it in to your menu plan. Write your workouts in at the top and what time you plan on doing them. Then plug in what you will have for Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner.
6. Once you have plugged in all your meals now it's time to make your grocery list of all the ingredients for your meals. When grocery shopping don't buy anything extra. Stick to your plan. If you fill a bunch of junk in your house - You are going to eat junk. Leave it clean and you won't have anything to cheat with.
7. Batch cook your meals !! Can't stress this enough if you just wait to cook whatever then you are going to have a bigger chance of cheating because you are to the point where you are so hungry that nothing matters. I know this because I have had this happen many times. Batch cook your lunches or have something kick you can whip together. This is why I love my shakeology. Everything I need in one quick easy shake. Takes all the thinking out of it. That's one meal I don't even worry about.
I hope this helped you a little on how to form your perfect clean eating plan. I promise that each week as you go it gets so much easier.
If you need more advice on learning how to eat clean go HERE.
For more clean eating recipes go HERE
If you are ready to get started on your own clean eating journey join me and I will walk you through the whole process. I'll share my meal plans with you weekly and share recipes. Message Me to go over some goals that you have set and how we can tackle them.
Now go out there and get meal planning. I like to reserve Sunday's as my MEAL PREP DAY!!!
Happy Menu Planning.