- 2 oz chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 to 4 large shrimp, whole, cleaned, and tail removed
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups watercress, remove bottom 2 in
- 1 cup spinach, cleaned leaves
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- nonstick cooking spray
Heat a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Add the green onions, garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute. Then add the shrimp and chicken and stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken and shrimp are almost done. Then add the lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, almonds, and water chestnuts and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until chicken and shrimp are fully cooked. Remove mixture from pan, and add sesame oil to pan and heat over medium high heat; add the watercress, spinach, and bean sprouts and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve the stir-fr over the Asian greens.
I didn't actually get watercress and instead I served my Stirfry over brown rice!
Eat & Enjoy!